With more than 300 million users worldwide in 2011, Twitter is undeniably a good site to promote a business. The micro-blogging and social networking site is being joined by thousands of businesses for marketing goals.
Activities of Twitter users:
- pointless babble
- pass-along value
- spam and news
Joining Twitter may mean doing the six specified activities to boost income, for free.
1. Use a Face As Your Profile Photo, While it is true that a logo is the representation of the business, it would be nicer to use a person’s face as the user profile photo. First, faces are more memorable than logos. Second, the account will not look like a mere business-purpose page. A Twitter account is more attractive when it uses the face of a popular personality linked to the business.
2. There should be posts that are intended for Twitter followers only. Usually, social media pages of a business contain same posts. The business should make sure there are special messages for Twitter follower, as well as having separate messages for Facebook subscribers. This will help the followers realize that they are special to the business.
3. Pick Up Statements To arouse the interest of followers and other users, moderators should be creative enough to create pick lines. The lines must be entertaining, informative. Once followers start replying or re-tweeting a good pick up line, everything goes viral. Usually, moderators flood with interesting questions. This strategy is much recommended.
4. Tweet Something Useful. Users log in to Twitter to learn something. The site is also educational. Followers love tweets that help them in purchasing. Thus, businesses should tweet tips that current and future customers may use. Businesses can also tweet guidelines to remind customers of the proper way of using products.
5. Give Attention to All Responses The greatest reward for a Twitter user is to get a tweet re-tweeted by someone. Messages from followers that are entertaining and informative should re-tweeted. Shared ideas from followers deserve a “thank you” note. Questions should be entertained. Giving attention to all messages may need too much time and effort in the part of a moderator.
Moderators use “hashtags” and codes appropriately for the business. One tip: a successful business hires moderators to do online moderation. This will allow the business to concentrate on its main activities while moderators do the tricks online.